Saturday, November 03, 2007

Prospecting On Social Networks

Are you taking maximum advantage of the Social Networks available online? Most are free to join, however, upgraded memberships do have their privileges.

First, here is a list of my favourite Social Networks

#1 Favourite is AdlandPro #2 Favourite is Direct Matches

Other networks that are also excellent are MySpace and FaceBook

In this article, I am going to discuss the use of AdlandPro. Other social networks are very similar and you can use the techniques taught here and adapt them to fit any Social network.

Step One: Register with Adlandpro

I highly recommend upgrading to Gold or Gold Plus at Adlandpro as this option gives you so many advertising possibilities and the fact is ... when you set up your ads, you do get visitors. Setup the right ads and you'll be attracting the right prospects.

Step Two: Setup Your Profile

Adlandpro, as with most communities, allows you to advertise your business. I advertise my EarthFriendlyBiz website using my GDI redirect ie: http://www.askjanet.ws/ or I'll advertise my Blog I created for my GoShaklee site (http://freeproduct.blogspot.com/)

Note: If you want to learn how to create a blog with a lead capture form visit http://www.mywealthyblog.com/

Step Three: Invite New Friends

At the top of your AdlandPro member page, you will see an area that looks
similar to this:

There are currently 374 out of 55,353 members online: 15,757 visits today.
[More....]

By clicking [More....] you will be taken to a page that lists the Adlandpro members who are currently logged in to Adlandpro.

Go through the list and locate members in the areas where you Company is available (I do a search for Canada, USA, Mexico, Malaysia, Japan and Taiwan, as this is where Shaklee is available) and click on the link to visit their Adlandpro page. From their page, you can send an invitation request.

I like to include a brief message such as this:

Hi

Janet Legere here from Calgary, Alberta.

I saw you online and wanted to invite you to my friend's list here at
AdlandPro.

I look forward to learning how our paths may cross.

Regards,

Janet Legere
janet@janetlegere.com
403-274-2930
http://www.askjanet.ws/


Step Four: Making Contact

When your request is accepted, you will receive a notice from Adlandpro. Login to Adlandpro and send a welcome message to the new person. If they are online, you can initiate a chat with them through the AdlandPro system.

Step Five: Having a Conversation

Now that you have connected, treat your new prospect as you would if you were on the phone with them doing a "first step" call.

Some tips for breaking the ice:

Ask questions: Visit their Adlandpro page and find out what they are involved in at the moment. Ask them how long they have been involved and how their business is growing. Ask about their family, etc.

Spend time getting to know your prospect: just as in the First step calls, remember, your goal is to find a way to introduce your primary busines to your new prospect.

And that's all there is to it.

One morning, as a test, I invited 10 new members to my list, at the time of this posting all had responded positively and 3 sent reply messages. I logged in to connect with one of the respondent and we had a lovely chat on the Adlandpro chat facility. After a brief conversation she asked me what my primary business was and my response was: "Shaklee, have you heard of them? They were on Oprah in April for her Earth Day show, did you see it?". I then
proceed to share the 5 min clip from the Oprah show.

I recommend you login and make it a habit to invite 10 new members each day and do your best to follow-up with each person who responds positively to your invitation. You should see some increased activity in your business in no time!

If you are shy on good prospects, there is no need to be .... there are tens of thousands of them waiting to hear from you ... all you have to do is make contact.

Remember, this process can be adapted to work with any networking community. Have fun and most importantly, enjoy the process.

Please take the time to publish your comments and questions below and share your results with our community.

We are a team of leaders working together to help everyone grow.

Have a Great Day!

Janet Legere
Doing Well by Doing Good

NEW: Free Prospecting System Generates Active Leads
http://www.askjanet.ws


Did you enjoy this article? Send it to your friends using the form below.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet, I'm happy to be the first to comment on your articles. As always they are very informative and
well written.
I also have a social networking blog and you'll find it when you click the link in my name.
Here's to you and your success,
Becky

Carol Carr said...

Hi Janet, This is excellent information and very easy to follow. I have built a good group of friends at Adlandpro by following your steps. I would also advise people when filling out profile page , add your picture! I didn't for a long time but after I added my picture I have tripled the clicks on my page! Something as little as adding a picture can change results.
Thanks Janet for you guidence.
Carol

mjay said...

Hi Janet,

I enjoyed your article on Social networks. I belong to several networks but have not been really utilizing them but I will start using the steps you outlined.

I believe they will be an excellent source of new members to my business. Even better if they allow me to do live online interactive presentations of my program(s) like I have been doing on the WIN Network where I have been having the best conversion rates (40% plus) and ROI I have ever had with any form of advertising! I do know of a couple of other networks that also allow a member to do live presentations and I am sure others do or will soon.

Jeannette Leduc
http://2803.yourwinoffice.com/

Anonymous said...

Well done, Janet!

Your posts are great--to the point and informative. Keep up the good work.

~Paula

RonnieMarz said...

Hi Janet! As always, you have exceeded the boundaries of one with integrity and character in your business moral and ethical practices.

You have always provided excellent and profitable information that really works.
Any entrepreneur could have a feast just by following your understandable methods of building a home base business.

You make it easy for anyone to actually apply the information you continue to provide.

Business Blessings!
Ron Marzuolo
www.mrmarz.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Janet here is a video I did on setting up your Adland Pro profile. I hope this helps to explain it.
Click here to view

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,


I have tried to find you in the new Web 3.0 social community, TokSee, and I did not succeed…


TokSee is the newest and already the MOST ADVANCED Social Network in the world,

and at the moment, The PLACE TO BE ON THE NET!

Do not trust me, Check it up,

TokSee is FREE for everyone and it pays its free users!

I guarantee you that the benefits could be much, much bigger than networking in AdlandPro and DM.

I will highly appreciate if you look around and then give us your thoughts about it in your blog.

Thanks so much,

Your networking friend,

Merry Makowski


http://viralexchange.biz/link/tokseephenomenal

http://members.toksee.com/merry

Anonymous said...

Hello Janet

Great article and like always thank you for your great tips on social networking. Just starting to get back into Social networking.

Thank you


Donna Gain